In automotive industry the climatic testing (environmental simulation) is the most important quality control testing mode, despite that these tests are costly for two reasons: on one side the high-tech test equipment is expensive, on the other hand the cost of energy is really high.
The high quality demands of international standards (ISO, DIN, ASTM, VDA etc.) specify generally long term temperature and climatic testing, and the long test time significantly increases the energy bill.
A typical ESS climatic test profile includes wide temperature range with up to 15 K/min temperature change rate. This requirement involves particularly high energy consumption in cooling phase.
Therefore, the world's leading manufacturers of climatic chambers invest a lot of money in development of an energy efficient climatic chamber type.
Green Mode – environmental friendly technology from Weiss Umwelttechnik
Green Mode = energy efficiency
- Conservation of resources
- Reduce CO2 emissions
- Longer service interval
- Reduce operation costs
Energy-efficiency – from the first step
- Analysis of the available media
- Clarification of the available media
- Best Equipment for the application
- Integration in existing infrastructure
- Option Green Mode and Green Mode+
- New intelligent driven Systems
While a -40°C temperature and climatic chamber has a one stage conventional cooling aggregate, the -70°C temperature, climatic and heat shock chambers have cascade cooling system with two compressors. The cascade cooling system is used over the complete temperature range, so both compressors are working to rich -75°C. Thus, especially in fast cooling phase the energy consumption is very high.
Chamber with Green Mode
- Pre cooling stage – Only one compressor used within the Green Mode range
- Reduced power and cooling water consumption
- Cascade – Only out of the Green Mode rage used
Customer benefits in Green Mode
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduced cooling water consumption
- Reduction of noise emission
Green Mode – range of application
Steps of a 24 hours quality testing cycle: only heat phase (rose), Green Mode (green) and cascade phase (blue).
Heat shock chamber
Green Mode activated
Savings through intelligent control
- Shutdown of non-needed consumers
- Optional additional hardware: timely activation of the corresponding chamber
- Energy counter (electric power consumption) – Integrated
- Visualization on Touch – Absolute value – Relative value
- Recording with Simpati