Increasing use of electronics and battery systems in vehicles has seen rapidly changing test specifications from the Automotive Industry
The development of the required test specifications has a consequent increasing demand on the vibration test system.
Conventional Vibration system
- Field current and blower speed are always set to nominal values
- This always gives maximum power loss in the field and blower
- Only the armature power loss varies in proportion to the output force
Economical Vibration system
- Durability testing requires less power than shock testing – a lot of wasted energy!
- The actual power required for the test should equal input power.
- Reducing power consumption in the shaker, reduces the cooling requirements, saving more power in the blower.
- Reducing power consumption, reduces the temperature in the shaker, increases reliability and
- reduces maintenance.
ECO-SHAKER Energy Manager
- Power Management – Automatically controls the power needed to run a test
- Energy Manager calculates CO2 Emissions savings for each test
- Cost savings of power to run the test is automatically calculated
- Eliminates wasting power when the system is in pre-test mode
- Reduction in noise pollution is a major benefit
User Benefits – Energy saving
- Reduced energy, CO2 and cost of operation
- Reduced operating noise
- Reduced heat into the surrounding
- Improved system protection
- Increased system lifetime and availability
- Increased return on investment